Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Our first carved pumpkin!

I carved our first family pumpkin today! Yeah, I know.....Bad Mommy!
Well, we normally paint a pumpkin but this year I decided we should have a real carved pumpkin!

This is some of the pumpkin innards....I threw it in the yard because the deer will probably eat it up by morning.....if not......good fertilizer. As you can see the green grass has given way to brown as it has been in the fifties here (during the day). It's 32 right now at 12:01 am!


More pumpkin guts and SEEDS! Uh~huh, that's right! I'm gonna dry 'em, salt 'em, bake 'em and eat 'em! Yum! Kojak has never eaten roasted pumpkin seeds.....he's a coastal creature.

Inside......I've never carved a pumpkin on my own before and I didn't realize how hard it was to get all that stringy goodness out of there. Warn me next time people!


Anyway, the kids thought the pumpkin was the coolest thing since Sid the Science Kid (their favorite show).


Cameron and Jack!


James and Jack!

He was very curious!


Haley being dramatic, Cameron acting like he's avoiding the camera, James munching cake.
Mommy says "Say CHEESE"......James says "CAKE".
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!!!

0 comments: