Sunday, August 31, 2008

The Apple Doesn't Fall Far From The Tree........

I have always been a little accident prone. From tripping over cracks in the sidewalk to wrecking four-wheelers, but I usually end up with only minor scrapes and bruises. (knock on wood)
Lately, I'm beginning to wonder if Cameron has somehow inherited my mishap magnetism. I've already posted about his confrontation with the can of black beans and the laws of gravity but since then he's just continued to push the boundaries. They went into the laundry room this morning and somehow the laundry detergent fell off the shelf onto his other big toe. The damage was not quite so bad this time, just a little cut behind the nail. Easy band-aid management. His first toe injury, however, just looks terrible and painful. The blood pocket under the nail had filled to the point that it was pushing his toenail up and it kind of scared me. So, I called the pediatrician, who said it would be fine.
I just don't know what to do. I hope maybe it's just because they are little boys and rough-housing is what they do to make it through the day. Most of all I hope he grows out of it soon.
Well, I guess I better go. Need to make a few phone calls....see if I can find one of those big plastic bubbles....do you think I should try NASA or the CDC first?

0 comments: