Thursday, August 21, 2008

I eat "quantum physics" for breakfast.......

......not really! Quantum physics scare me. Mommy?????
Okay I'm back. As most of you know I started my chemistry class on Wednesday night and it was everything I expected it to be....weird and confusing! We have a new chemistry professor at ICC and let me tell you~~~this woman knows her chemistry! She's worked and gone to school all over the world and has some very interesting stories! Apparently, it was a spur of the moment thing, our old professor left unexpectedly (hint: he and his wife just had a baby) and Mrs. Clauhn took his place. She just moved here last Friday and started work on Monday! Anyway, I think she's going to be awesome.
So, our first class in chemistry we watched a movie on which we are supposed to write a paper to turn in on Monday. The movie is called "What the bleep do we know?" And yes the bleep really is a bleep, it is not a bleep that covers a four letter word! Anyway, this has to be one of the strangest movies I've ever seen. Okay seriously, my brain hurt after watching it. And the funny part is they made a sequel called "Down the rabbit hole". Don't ask me...I have no idea!
Anyway, it was a little far-fetched but very interesting to watch! There were a few believable aspects to consider but I spent most of the movie wondering if a person would need to be high to really understand it all! It touches on some "quantum physics"...help me?
I'm going to make Kojak watch it with me this weekend and get his opinion. He usually has a different perspective on things than I do and that really helps! Kojak is a very intelligent person so maybe he can wrap his head around the parts that eluded me! If not.... I'm in trouble? Mommy? Are you there?

0 comments: