Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Nursing school update.

I took the PSB entry exam today and it went alot better than I thought. I studied alot before hand but most of the things I covered were not necessary for the exam. It was basically a general competency exam, you know, spelling, reading comprehension, basic math, natural sciences. It wasn't what I was expecting. On that note, it is not a pass or fail exam. They don't count wrong answers, they score you by how many questions you answer correctly. A minimum weighted score of 45 is required for consideration and the highest score is like 89 points.
Here's a rundown of what happens next.
  • Interview invitation letters will be mailed out on September 17th.
  • Once this letter is received I have to complete my medical forms which include a physical exam, up-to-date vaccines and immunizations, TD booster, chicken pox titer, Hepatitis B vaccine and 2 step TB test. I have a feeling I'm going to look like a walking pin cushion.
  • The "group interview" will be held on September 30th.
  • Medical forms must be completed by October 8th.
  • From that point, the ADN Director makes the final selections based on the candidate's academic record, test results, interview outcome and favorable results of the physical examination.
  • Our adviser told us today that we should know around October 14th if we have been selected.
There were 26 of us testing for the night/weekend program today and only 10 will be selected. I think my chances are relatively fair.

I also wanted to let everyone know that Haley is on here way home from her Nannies house tonight. Venita decided to bring her back a day early because of the threat of Hannah hitting the Carolina coast line. I will definitely sleep better knowing she is home. We sure have missed the little blue-eyed baby doll. The boys keep asking me "Laley home?" I'll try to get some pictures posted tomorrow of her return.
Well, I have plenty more to say but I have plenty of chemistry home work I need to get done. Good night all!

0 comments: