Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Whoville birdhouse......


Well, I'm picking up this weird habit about wanting to name my pottery pieces and to tell you the truth it's kinda fun! I'm having a hard time with the one below. Honestly, I DID NOT mean for it to look like this but just before I closed it up it kinda started getting all womple-jawed. So, I closed it up quick because I figured I could straighten it out later but the more I messed with it the more twisted it became. Well, I stopped and had planned to cut it off the wheel and chunk it but some thing made me stop. So, there I sat looking at a mangled piece of junk that called out to me in some ghostly little voice that said "I could be beautiful, too".
Darn pottery speaking to me again! Don't tell anyone, K?



After, I cut it off the wheel and it dried some over night, I went back this morning and cut in the hole. And for some reason I couldn't stop there, I thought it needed something more so pulled out my carving tools. A wicked tree here and another over there. I sat her on the shelf and said "I can't wait until you're cooked". End of Story!
Okay, almost! I showed this to Kojak and he said it reminds him of Tinsel Town, I say Whoville, Haley says the Grinchs' House! Help me out here! This piece CANNOT live without a name! Your suggestions are welcome!



0 comments: