Saturday, April 4, 2009

A Poem

I wish I may~I wish I might,
.....have not forgotten my camera tonight!

Okay~Okay, I didn't use proper English and it sounds a little funny but at least it rhymes
for Pete's sake! Cut me some slack people!
Anyway, I was trying to tell a story before ya'll (shut it...I live in the country, therefore ya'll is a word) starting yelling at me about grammer.
A few days ago I heard about a fund raising event that was going on at R.S. Central High School tonight at 7PM called "Dancing with the Rutherford Stars". And then, as with many other things I try to keep in my brain, I promptly forgot about it until this evening. So, I sprang the idea on Mom at 6:15 and we headed to the high school. Now, let me tell you, I'm so glad we did...it was so fun!
First of all, the emcee/master of ceremonies/hostess was Pam Stone! WHAT? You don't know who that is? Yeah, I didn't either to begin with. Well, do you remember the TV show "Coach"? Yes? Really, I loved that show too! Do you remember the big, blonde, goofy assistant coach and his girlfriend? Yes? Pam Stone was the girlfriend! Any who.....she was there hosting and funny...oh my word that woman is hilarious!
So, to make a long story short, we had students partnered with teachers, coaches, doctors, lawyers, parents or grandparents and one elementary age couple (my favorite)! These couples had varying routines ranging from ballroom dancing, swing, and the two-step to Monster Mash, the final scene in Dirty Dancing and a flashback to Grease!
Now, as someone who loves to dance, I was very impressed! They were all so fantastic! It cost 5 dollars to get in and it was 10 dollars to vote for your favorites! And the best part, they all raised a huge chunk of much-needed and well-deserved change for the school.
Note: one gentleman donated $1000 to the school with one condition....he wanted to be home in time to watch the Carolina game.....now that's a man who loves his local high school!
Know what the only drawback to the evening was? I forgot my camera at home!
The End!

1 comments:

Shelliesworld said...

you coulda mentioned that the dancers included family !!! and u coulda slote my pics . lol by the way gotta new blog page shelliesworld75.blogspot.com i dont remember how exactly to work this ! lol