Friday, April 17, 2009

I am so tired of shopping.

Seriously, I'm a woman who loves clothes but I am just sick to death of shopping. It really irks me to no end when I know I need to buy a few new pieces for my wardrobe, which is a joke anyway that consists mainly of blue jeans and t-shirts. You know, it's spring time which usually calls for some more weather appropriate clothing and I suppose the fact that I'll be.......oh Lord....29 very soon makes me think that maybe I should try to get away from the blue jeans so much. I go to the store and I find......nothing! Well, except for.....yep you guessed it.....another pair of blue jeans! Rutherford County really has nothing in the way of clothing stores anymore. And the few places we do have here are in serious need of some guidance in their purchasing departments. I have found some of the ugliest clothes in the world, right here in Rutherford County. Anyway, it doesn't matter where I go....I find nothing! Nothing appeals to me and even if I find something that does, it looks like I was hit by a train. Which, by the way, might have something to do with the fact that I've had 3 kids and I am in desperate need of some time at the gym....but we won't talk about that, deal? I tend to get a little disgusted with these places......HELLO?......I am not a teeny-bopper and I am not 87.....please include all age ranges when you are making your stock purchases!!!! For the sake of my sanity, please! Anyone have some suggestions that don't require me to drive 100 miles or empty Kojak's bank account?? Anyone?
I guess I'm just one of those people that has to feel good in my clothes....I can't wear something if I feel like I am totally out of my element. Like pantyhose, I despise them with every particle of my being.
Anyway, I went to the store today and picked out a blouse that I thought was really cute on the hanger. I bought it without trying it on because Kojak is NOT the 'holding the purse while you try something on' type. So, I got home and tried it on.....Oh my word....it was hideous on. It had a few small vertical ruffles down the front which were not bad but it was the puffy cap sleeves that did me in. Honestly, I looked like I just stepped off the set of Little House on the Prairie. Needless to say I took it back shortly after.
Note: the jeans fit great!

0 comments: