Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Cracked Cells!




Well, I had to make two cell models for my Biology class....an animal cell and a plant cell.....the idea was to help us learn the parts and that there are not many differences between the two cells even while the differences between animals and plants themselves are so vast......well being a potter at heart...... it was my bright idea to make them out of clay.....although I think they turned out really nice you can see that drying clay too fast causes it to crack....good thing real cells are not this easy to destroy, huh? So I hope that my instructor won't count off points for cracked cells!!!!! I have to turn them in tomorrow night at class so keep your fingers crossed! So, can you tell which one is the plant cell and which is the animal cell???? I can now....that's why this was a great project!

2 comments:

MarlaQuack said...

Thank you so much for posting the pictures of your fabulous cell project. We have to build one this weekend and I was looking for ideas. After viewing yours I think we will use a salt dough clay.

Anonymous said...

oh cool <3 Yours looks really nice. I was looking around to examples, I just finished mines for my 7th grade science project an hour ago XD The first is a plant cell. You can tell by the chloroplast. I don't think I'd be able to determine it if it were a real cell under a microscope though.