Monday, September 24, 2007

Can you say "hidden" talent?






Well after many months of trying, Kojak finally agreed to let me teach him how to throw pottery! I thought it might take while to get him used to the idea of being gentle with clay considering the size of his hands. But of course I was wrong and he took to slinging clay like a duck in water. And now I've created a monster....he threw one and then wanted to do more! The first piece he threw came up so nicely into a great cereal bowl. His second piece was a wonderful low~wide bowl~~~~it took me a few months to make my first one! I included pictures of these pieces....they are still green so I will post more pictures after they are glazed and fired. Anyway I was very impressed with my big macho man and his hidden talent! I am also excited because he really seems to like it and now he understands why I love it so Much!!!

0 comments: