Sunday, February 22, 2009

Seedlings!!!!!

Have I ever mentioned how much I love flowers? Well, I do! I love to get outside in the warm weather and plant them, I love to water them, love to watch them grow beautiful colors and fill the air with their sweet aroma.
My only problem, I don't like spending an arm and a leg to get those coveted little beauties in my hands. Seeds don't usually com up very well around here because of the composition of the soil (a.k.a. Rutherford County clay dirt) but established plants are normally strong enough to thrive. However, plants are, as you all know, generally more expensive. So, I thought I would try something new this year. I bought seeds early to start indoors on my own, petunias, zinnia, english daisy, larkspur, portulaca, and wave petunias. I also purchased some little ready made greenhouse set-ups that come with pelleted peat pots, specially made for seed starting of course. I wasn't sure, at first, if my thumb was green enough but......well, I'm just so happy, check it out. this is what I've had come up in a week.



Zinnias


This is what the little greenhouse looks like......those are portulaca seedlings.




Here are the zinnias again, I already had to repot them into these bigger peat pots. Hopefully, they will keep doing well and be ready to plant outside after the frost.

Haley is extra excited about our mini nursery..... she loves to help me plant outside.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.