Friday, March 27, 2009

I think I have a plan.....

As some of you know I've been a little frustrated with my attempts to finish my education, (Translation: I'm in pre-nervous breakdown mode). To put things into perspective for you, at the end of this semester I will have completed all prerequisite classes for the Nursing program at Isothermal Community College, yet I have failed to make it into the program. My grades are more than up to par but I have realized that program entry is not merit based as it should be. So, I have decided that as of this Fall I will be applying for the Nursing program at Western Piedmont Community College in Morganton. It's about 40 minutes away but it's a nice college with a great Nursing program and a higher passing rate than Isothermal Community College. Plus, there are few other women that I have class with who are going through the same problems at ICC and are planning to attend WPCC.....CARPOOL!!!! And the best part is....it's a merit-based entry program. The down-side is the next program there starts in the Fall of next year (2010), which means I have about a year and a half of nothing to do. So with all of this in mind, I haven't figured out yet if someone is trying to teach me patience or giving me an opportunity. A saying comes to mind, "When God closes one door He opens another". So, starting this summer I am going to start taking a few classes each semester and if all goes well I will graduate with an Associate degree at the end of the Summer semester next year. Which means, if I get into the nursing program at Western Piedmont next Fall I will finish my college career with 2 degrees instead of one. I think it's a good plan. I'm trying to do the best with what I've been given.
Kojak started a new job this week and he seems to enjoy it. Jobs are few and far between right now so he was very lucky that he had a friend who put in a good word.
So, that's the news, as boring as it is.

0 comments: