Monday, July 6, 2009

Sensitive issue!

As most of you know, James and Cameron are finally fully potty-trained. And I realize that potty- trained kids have their quirks. You know those specific ways that they like to do things. And not to mention the part where they get really independent. Anyway, besides all that, yesterday while we were outside James had to go so Kojak let him go outside. Don't ask. So, while father was teaching said son that he could GO outside he noticed an abnormal purplish spot on James' "Dinky". I asked him all the usual questions, does it hurt?, does it itch? did Cameron hit you? You know those questions we ask on a daily basis around here and he said no to all. Well, being the hypochondriac mother that I am, I immediately began thinking horrible thoughts and vowed to make an appointment first thing this morning. I did (trying to explain the reason for the visit was a little embarrassing) and we arrived there at 4 :00 for our 4:30 appointment. When the nurse came out to call us back, James loudly announced (to further insure my embarrassment) "My pecky's broken!" With a speechless nurse and most of the others in hysterical laughter we waited for the doctor. When he arrived he took one look at James' questionable spot and said the one thing I hadn't thought of........"Looks like someone had a run in with the toilet lid." Followed by James' response " Yeah, it Hurt." Apparently, I didn't ask the right question!

0 comments: